Friday, September 5, 2008

Framed Scrapbook



I made this framed scrapbook and entered in the local fair craft and hobbies exhibit and won first prize in the paper crafts section(yeah). I painted the frame brown and let it dry then painted a clear crackle medium over the brown and let it dry. I painted a light blue over that and it crackled. I thought it came out pretty cool. The frame took the longest to finish just waiting for the paint to dry. When the frame was finished I strung two wires from side to side and just hook them to the square things that hold the glass in the frame. I cut 6 4 1/2" squares and set an eyelet in each one. I strung through the eyelet and wrapped that piece of wire around wire attached to the frame. By the way I used the Happy Camper stamp set from Stampin Up that retired this year. I got this idea from a paper crafts magazine and made it with using stampin up. Also this frame is used with out the glass. I pick it up at a local thrift store for $2.00.

No comments: